Our well-loved and intensely personal album Travelin’, recorded and produced, with much traveling involved, in 2002-3, presents original tunes and one set of traditional Irish reels. The tunes are all transcribed and available in book form in both bass and treble clef.
Tracks From Travelin’
- Mai Tai - Jennie’s rocking tune, with flashy flourishes for the fiddle, celebrating a far-away wedding in Hawaii.
- Travelin’ (listen to sample) - A deep, introspective waltz with pulsing, shifting rhythms, written by Jennie. She and her dad play it on fiddle and ‘cello.
- Solar Flexis (listen to sample) – George Pond’s witty ukelele and Landon’s goofy tuba propel Jennie’s off-beat reel. And Scott laughs his head off.
- Three to Six - Musical sleight-of-hand: Scott transforms a waltz into a jig before your very eyes, er, ears.
- Withlacoochee Waltz (listen to sample) - A graceful waltz, composed by Landon on the banks of that beautiful north Florida river.
- What If Reel – Jennie’s haunting tune wonders and wanders, and challenges the fiddler.
- Jennie’s Wedding, Walker Street, Gravel Walks (reels) – Three driving traditional Irish tunes, in a medley we call Jennie Walker Walks.
- Cherry Blossom – Meditative and peaceful, Jennie’s tone painting evokes the timeless radiance of the eternal.
- Sheets in the Garden – A bouncy jig by Jennie, written on a frosty Spring morning with the new seedlings covered against the freeze.
- The Buckeye Waltz – A lovely melody by Scott.
- Calamari (listen to sample) – Jennie’s rollicking hoedown tune.
- The Ashbrook – Inspired by streams in our beloved Ashe County, Scott’s gravity-defying reel suggests water bubbling happily downward, then, in the second half, back up!
- Home Again – Another challenge for the fiddler, Jennie’s happy tune rejoices.
- Jan’s Song – Scott’s deeply-felt tribute to his Mom’s most remarkable younger sister, Jan Conn.
|Book/CD||Bass Book Only, Bass Book w/ CD, CD only, Treble Book Only, Treble Book w/ CD|
Be the first to review “Travelin' ”
- No products in the cart.
Books & CD’s
- Walker Street Fiddlers: Ireland Tour 2007From: $15.00
- Travelin’From: $14.95
- Irish Tunes for the Young at Heart (Book II)From: $15.00
- Irish Tunes for the Young at Heart (Book I)From: $15.00